Dash is a fork of Bitcoin designed to overcome the first cryptocurrency in terms of speed, fees, and user-friendliness. Millions of users worldwide leverage Dash as an easy-to-use peer-to-peer digital cash.
If you want to build a mining facility, analytical platform, or a wallet on Dash, you’ll need a reliable source of live information from the Dash blockchain — a Dash block explorer. You can leverage one by using a Dash node provided by NOWNodes: simply get your crypto API key, and you’re ready to start working. In this article, we will tell you how you can make the most of a Dash node.
What is Dash (DASH)?
Dash is an open-source blockchain system aimed at facilitating peer-to-peer payments. It was introduced in 2014 as an alternative to cumbersome Bitcoin with its long block time and high fees.
Although Dash is a fork of Bitcoin, it offers a payment settlement within 3-4 seconds and fees of about $0.01 — such numbers were quite a breakthrough at the time when the Dash network was launched. Mining Dash is also much less energy-consuming than Bitcoin.
In Dash, decisions regarding the network upgrades are taken not by a group of developers like in Bitcoin but by all members of the Dash network via a decentralized governance mechanism. The coin had been implemented long before the first Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAO) and community-driven governance emerged on Ethereum.
Dash DAO is run by special nodes called Masternodes. Their network also ensures fast validation of transactions and raises their confidentiality. This is done through the PrivateSend mechanism — a feature that allows users to increase the anonymity of their transactions by putting together a few inputs from different users in one transaction with several outputs.
What is a Dash block explorer?
Dash blockchain unites a network of nodes, each of which stores a copy of the blockchain database with up-to-date transaction data. A Dash blockchain explorer is like a Google for this database: it allows you to see everything that is taking place in the network. To access the database, you’d need to connect to a DASH node.
As a trader or a general user, you can use the Dash block explorer to see the status of your transaction. As a miner, you can connect to the explorer and see whether you have mined a block and can claim your reward. Wallets, exchange services, and research platforms can leverage the Dash explorer to access the live information feed that they need.
What information can you access with DASH block explorer?
As mentioned above, a Dash explorer allows you to draw data from the Dash blockchain to provide your service with a live feed of Dash-related information.
Here is what you can do with a Dash blockchain explorer:
- Check wallet balances,
- See the daily number of blocks and their contents, block height, address growth, and balance history,
- Send a transaction and learn about its status,
- Learn about certain wallet addresses.
The full list of requests that you can make to the Dash explorer is displayed in the Dash docs section of our website.
How to use a DASH block explorer?
To start using the Dash explorer, you’ll need to get a node API key from NOWNodes. Head on to our website and hit the “GET FREE API-KEY” button. After filling in and submitting the form, check your email: the key will arrive there in a matter of seconds. In case you don’t see it there, kindly check the spam folder or contact us at [email protected].
Once you get the key, see the Dash docs for the list of the sample requests that you can execute. Find the necessary request and paste your API key in the ‘api-key’ line — your query is ready now!
You can start using a Dash block explorer for free — we don’t charge you for making below 20,000 requests per day. When you need more, head on to our Pricing section, choose the plan, and contact us to enjoy as much access to the Dash explorer as you need.
NOWNodes provides a seamless user experience with nodes and block explorers: everything is working so well that you don’t even notice it and take it as normal. Here are three core reasons to choose NOWNodes:
- 40+ blockchains available. If you ever decide to build on other blockchains than Dash, you’ll already have access to them within the current pricing plan. No searching for other platforms and paying them will be necessary.
- High speed. Our API sends responses within less than 1 second so you can instantly update your service with the Dash data.
- Reliability. Our API uptime is 99.95%. For the remaining 0.05%, we have a backup infrastructure that will get you covered in case there is a problem with the main Dash node.
Building on Dash is much easier if you have a source of up-to-date information from the blockchain at hand. Start using the Dash blockchain explorer powered by NOWNodes and take advantage of our fast and efficient infrastructure. To begin, feel free to contact us at [email protected] — we are always ready to help!